As with all racing safety equipment, racing suit fitment is critically important, and the racing suit user can increase the risk of injury if they are not fitted properly. Please refer to the general racing suit sizing chart below for proper racing suit fitment. This chart is for ADULT racing suit sizing only. YOUTH, JUNIOR and CHILDREN sizes are not included on this sizing chart. If you need a suit size outside of this chart range, please contact our Technical Sales staff for size availability within the Pyrotech® Racing Safety product offerings.
Properly Measuring Fitment For Pyrotech® Racing Standard Racing Suits
Locate a cloth tape measure and record the following body measurements:
- A - Height - Stand against a wall, ask someone else to measure from the floor to the top of the head, keeping the tape vertical.
- B - Weight - Using a scale, record the weight of the person being fitted for a driving suit
- C - Chest - Measure around the fullest part, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal.
- D - Shoulders - Standing straight up, have someone else measure the distance from shoulder bone edge to shoulder bone edge (Tip to Tip).
- E - Waist - Waist measurement must be horizontal and even with top of hip bones approximately 1-1/2" below belly button.
- F - Trunk - Measure from the center of the collar bones/breast bone on the center upper chest down to the crotch. Be sure to stand up straight and measure all the way down to the crotch. Do NOT take this measurement while wearing baggy clothing.
- G - Inseam - Stand against a wall, ask someone else to measure from the crotch seam to the ankle bone of the leg. Be sure to wear snug underwear or snug clothing.
- H - Sleeve - Measure from the base of the neck at the center to the wrist with arm slightly bent at an angle at the elbow with arm parallel to the floor.
Once measurements are completed, please refer to the sizing chart below to find the Pyrotech® Racing racing suit size that best fits your measurements. If you DO NOT find a suit size that works well, you may have to consider having a custom racing suit made by the factory. If this is the case, please refer to the CUSTOM RACING SUIT section listed below.
Remember, a properly fitted racing suit is important for both maximum safety and overall driver comfort.
Pyrotech® Racing Safety - Standard Adult Suit Sizing and Fitment Chart***
| Factory Suit Size|
Med - Lrg
| A - Height (ft./in.)||5'-5" to 5'-8"||5'-7" to 5'-10"||5'-9" to 6'-0"||5'-10" to 6'-2"||5'-10" to 6'-2"||5'-10" to 6'-2"|
| B - Weight (lbs)||115 to 130||130 to 145||145 to 175||175 to 200||195 to 225||225 to 245|
| C - Chest (in.)||36" to 38"||38" to 40"||40" to 43"||43" to 46"||45" to 48"||48" to 50"|
| D - Shoulders (in.)||17.5"||18"||18.5"||19"||19.5"||20"|
| E - Waist (in.)||29" to 33"||32" to 35"||34" to 37"||36" to 39"||39" to 43"||42" to 46"|
| F - Trunk (in.)||28.5"||29.5"||30.5"||31.5"||32.5"||33"|
| G - Inseam (in.)||29"||30"||31"||32"||32"||32"|
| H - Sleeve (in.)||31"||33"||34"||34.5"||35"||35"|
Racing Suit Sizing Chart Note: 3X-Large and Youth/Junior sizes for Pyrotech® Racing Racing Suits are also available. Please contact our Technical Sales staff for availability and pricing.
Pyrotech® Racing Safety Custom Racing Suits
Pyrotech® Racing Safety does offer custom-made racing suit services to the general public. According to the factory website, all racing suit colors and sizes are entirely can be customized specifically for you. Unfortunately, you must contact the factory directly to have your custom suits made. They will work with you once the order is placed to get your custom colors and they will supply you with a mock up of your suit for confirmation and accuracy. If you require a custom-tailored racing suit made to your specifications, please start the process by visiting the factory 'Custom Suit' website page by clicking the button shown here. And if they ask you how you found them, be sure tell them that Racecar Engineering™ sent you!
Racecar Engineering™ Has All of Your Racing Safety Gear Needs Covered
Please remember that Racecar Engineering™ carries a full assortment of Pyrotech® Racing Safety racing suits. On top of that, we also have in stock and ready to ship, driving gloves and shoes, underwear, hoods, socks, helmets, helmet supports, harness pads, restraints, helmet skirts, gear storage bags and much more.
Browse our wide selection of safety products and buy online today. If you have questions about choosing the right safety equipment for your motorsports segment, please contact one of our Technical Sales Associates for assistance.
At Racecar Engineering™ we make every attempt to be every racer's 'One-Stop Safety Shop'.
Return To: Main Technical Center Page | Racing Suit Info/Sizing Chart Page - All Brands
Related Tech Safety Topics: Racing Helmets | Driving Gloves | Driving Shoes | Head and Neck Restraints | Racing Seats
*** RACING SUIT SIZING/FITMENT CHART DISCLAIMER: This racing suit sizing/fitment chart has been created by Racecar Engineering™ for our customer's reference and ease-of-use using the latest fitment information available from the factory. Please always refer to the factory website, factory printed materials and factory personnel advice for the latest racing suit information about their brand of safety product. The Pyrotech® Racing Safety factory website can be accessed directly at www.pyrotectstore.com. (link opens new page) - Racecar Engineering™ is not responsible for any typographical errors contained in this racing suit sizing chart/fitment material or the end-user's failure to verify & follow factory fitment specifications.